Start saving money with a Pub or Bar stocktaker
Whether your pub, bar and catering is thriving or experiencing a downturn, an independent stocktaker should be a valuable part of your team that can deliver real savings and protect your valuable stock.
Wiltshire stock auditor, Paul Hunt, highlights there are so many ways an independent stocktaker can support a business owner including:
- Monitoring GP% margins on both drink & food. This means any potential issues are spotted early, as opposed to not finding out at all, and can be tackled straight-away.
- Making sure what is invoiced has actually been delivered. It may sound obvious, but it is amazing how often something has been charged but not delivered and unless the licensee is aware they will be the ones paying for the error.
- On the food/catering side of an operation a stocktaker can monitor cost prices and even advise if they need to look for better price for products.
- Reporting on staff drinks on duty which can be a big issue, especially post mix drinks. Many licensees let the staff help themselves to drinks during a shift but often don’t adequately monitor the amounts being drunk. A box of post mix is surprisingly expensive at retail prices and so this can quickly have a big impact on GP.
Money saving tips for Publicans
Paul goes on to provide a few tips for how Publicans can save money including:
- Making sure that wastage is controlled on both drink & food.
- Any drinks the licensee has should be paid for personally, not via the business as this will affect his margins. This is also important because it is a visual reminder to staff that everyone should pay for their own drinks.
- Licensees should buy their own food wherever possible. Eating out of the business can have a big effect on food margins.
- Negotiate the best prices with suppliers and/or use an a third party expert to help drive the costs on everything from Energy to Waste. At Hunt Management Solutions we work closely with a leading provider of these services and can save you money on the fee.
Get a Free stocktaking quote today
If you are based in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Bath or the South West and would like to discuss your stocktaking/auditing needs - and get a FREE, no obligation, quote - then please call us on 07917 176 005 or use our contact form»
Qualified and experienced stocktaker
Paul Hunt MILSA has been an independent stocktaker for over 15 years. He is not only an exam qualified member of the Institute of Licensed Trade Stock Auditors (ILTSA), the qualifying body for the Licensed Trade, but has also been appointed to its Council of Management.
He has also achieved the coveted ILTSA Accreditation status, meaning that his work practices and procedures for liquor and food stocktaking have been reviewed by an expert panel of the Institute's licensed trade stock auditors.
Find out more about independent stocktaker Paul Hunt»
Get a Free stocktake quote today
If you would like to discuss your stocktake/auditing needs and get a free, no obligation, quote then please call us on 07917 176 005 or use our contact form»
Experienced and qualified stock auditor
A stocktaker for over 15 years, fully qualified and accredited member of the Institute of Licensed Trade Stock Auditors.
More about Paul Hunt»
Save money with a stocktaker?
Getting impartial stock control reporting and recommendations could lead to big savings for your business.
Independent stock audit»
Call us today about your stock take needs and we can discuss your need and give you a free, personalised quote.
Get a free quote»