Stocktaker for Pubs, Bars & Nightclubs
An independent stocktaker helps the owners and managers of pubs, bars and nightclubs protect one of their most valuable business assets - its stock - and ensures that they are able to maximise their profits.
With valuable and high stock turnover, pub and bar owners can experience a number of challenges with their stock including:
- Stock and cash shortages
- High wastage
- Theft and short deliveries
- Staff drinking and pilfering
- Low yield and profit margins
As an experienced and qualified licensed trade stock auditor, Paul Hunt can help you tackle these issues, by identifying the stock loss and wastage points and providing clear recommendations on how to address the issues and maximise your profit margins.
Get a Free stocktaking quote today
If you would like to discuss your pub, bar or nightclub stocktaking/auditing needs and get a free, no obligation, quote then please call us on 07917 176 005 or use our contact form»
Qualified and experienced bar and pub stocktaker
Paul Hunt MILSA has been a bar and pub stocktaker for over 15 years. He is not only an exam qualified member of the Institute of Licensed Trade Stock Auditors (ILTSA), the qualifying body for the Licensed Trade, but has also been appointed to its Council of Management.
He has also achieved the coveted ILTSA Accreditation status, meaning that his work practices and procedures have been reviewed and signed off by an expert panel of the Institute's licensed trade stock auditors.
Find out more about independent stocktaker Paul Hunt»
"Paul has been a great addition to the team, not only in identifying ways to help us improve our profits but also with many other ideas for saving time."
Three Cups, Stock Bridge
"Paul has done our stock take for many years, he is highly professional in all aspects of his work. Punctual, thorough, polite and consistent."
Fox at Peasemore, Berkshire
What is a pub, bar or nightclub stock audit
Each of our audits are tailored to the needs of business but typically this will include:
- Completing a full and accurate inventory of the current stock
- Analysing the current stock levels in comparison to previous audit, stock purchases and sales
- Producing a PLU Report from an EPOS system - where till sales are compared to actual sales, this can highlight shortages, missing items, cross ringing on till, wrong measures and lots more.
- Invoices will be checked to make sure that prices are correct & that any discrepancies identified. If items have been returned or not delivered then we will make sure a credit has been issued, often including calling the supplier to get credit on your behalf.
- Ensuring the discounting and allowances are accurately reflected in the figures
- Identifying the Gross Profit Percentage per Category & overall Gross Profit
- Reporting on the days stockholding per Category & overall Days stockholding
- If required, produce a detail analysis and report of your audit. This can often be done on-site if all the paperwork is available on the day.
- Year to date reporting on sales, gross profit, surplus & deficit plus lots more.
- For multi bar operations, a bar summary will be produced for each bar & also a bar summary report for all the bars combined.
For a group of Pubs, various group reports can be produced combining information for all the pubs in single reports.
Further reports are available including delivery, credit, history, barrelage, price lists and price change (showing the increase in cost price and what price you need to sell the product at to maintain GP% on the it).
All stocktake reports can be printed on-site, if all the data is available during the audit, and they also can be sent via email in PDF format.
Bar food & catering audits
From simple bar food to gastro pubs, most public houses, bars and nightclubs have food stock passing through their doors in high volume. Just like with the liquor/beverage side of the business there is potential for high waste and loss with food stock that can impact your bottom line.
As an experienced catering stocktaker, Paul Hunt can help you identify and improve a range of issues from poor portion control and menu planning to working with your chef on the high waste and gross profit margins.
Bar stocktaking in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and South West England
Hunt Management Solutions provide bar, club and pub stocktaking services to businesses in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and the South West. Based in Luckington, Wiltshire, we regularly undertake audits in:
We also work in other areas so please give us a call to check whether we can provide stock audit services near you.
Get a Free stocktake quote today
If you would like to discuss your stocktake/auditing needs and get a free, no obligation, quote then please call us on 07917 176 005 or use our contact form»
Experienced and qualified stock auditor
A stocktaker for over 15 years, fully qualified and accredited member of the Institute of Licensed Trade Stock Auditors.
More about Paul Hunt»
Save money with a stocktaker?
Getting impartial stock control reporting and recommendations could lead to big savings for your business.
Independent stock audit»
Call us today about your stock take needs and we can discuss your need and give you a free, personalised quote.
Get a free quote»